Map of coronavirus in Mexico May 23

444

The health agency detailed that the number of deaths increased to 221,597, after registering 341 new deaths, compared to those notified a day before

The federal Ministry of Health reported 2,586 new cases of COVID-19 in Mexico on the afternoon of this Saturday, May 22 , accumulating a total of 2,395,330 documented infections since the pandemic reached the national territory.

Likewise, the agency detailed that the number of deaths increased to 221,597, after registering 341 new deaths, compared to those notified the previous day.

In the usual press conference at the National Palace to report on the progress of COVID-19 in the country, health authorities indicated that the infection curve at the national level presented a decrease of 16%.


In the same way, they estimated that the epidemic at the national level is made up of 18,786 active cases that began to present signs and symptoms of this disease in the last 14 days (May 9 to 22, 2021), so if they do not comply with the measures health, could potentially contribute to the transmission of the virus.

(Graphic: Infobae Mexico)(Graphic: Infobae Mexico)

By federal entity, according to the technical document published on the website of the health agency, Mexico City is the state with the highest number of active cases (more than 3,000 cases), followed by Quintana Roo, Tabasco and the State from Mexico (more than 1,000); Between the four states they concentrate 46% of the active cases in the country.

In contrast, Aguascalientes, Nayarit and Tlaxcala have the least amount of infections of this type: 105, 104 and 90 active cases, respectively.

The foregoing is reflected in the new colors of the Epidemiological Traffic Light that will come into effect tomorrow and will be in effect until June 6, where for the seventh consecutive time, there are no entities in the color “ red ” (maximum risk). While in ” orange ” (high risk) there will be only Quintana Roo, a state where the most important tourist destinations in the country are located.

In ” green ” (low risk) 16 entities will remain: Aguascalientes, Guerrero, Querétaro, Hidalgo, Morelos, Sonora, Sinaloa, Durango, Coahuila, Jalisco, San Luis Potosí, Guanajuato, Tlaxcala, Veracruz, Oaxaca and Chiapas.

In “ yellow ” or moderate risk there will be 15 entities: Chihuahua, Nueva León, Nayarit, Tabasco, Campeche, Baja California, Baja California Sur, Tamaulipas, Zacatecas, Colima, Michoacán, State of Mexico, Mexico City, Puebla and Yucatán.

Regarding hospitalizations for the disease, there is a -86% reduction in bed occupancy at the national level (both general care and with ventilators) since the last peak of cases.

Regarding general hospitalization beds, there are 11% of occupied spaces in the country and mechanical ventilation, dedicated to the most serious COVID-19 patients, have an occupation of 14%.

(Graphic: Infobae Mexico)(Graphic: Infobae Mexico)

Vaccination advance

During Friday, May 21, 516,563 doses of the antigen against the SARS-CoV-2 virus were injected . In sum, 26,148,948 vaccines have been applied to this day. Of these, 17,858,127 (20%) are vaccinated; 11,720,188 (66%) have the complete scheme and the remaining 6,137,939 correspond to half schemes (34%).

“When we see it now, by the number of people who have received at least one dose, there are 17,858,127 as of yesterday and that is representing 20% ​​of the population over 18 years of age, that is, the population that at this time you can receive the vaccine, ”said the director of Epidemiology, José Luis Alomía Zegarra.

He also explained that, of the total number of vaccinated people, 66% have a complete scheme, that is, they received two doses or, where appropriate, a CanSino vaccine; while 34% still have half a scheme.

On the other hand, 46,2300 (0.2%) doses that have reached Mexico have been lost .

(Graphic: Infobae Mexico)(Graphic: Infobae Mexico)

Source: infobae.com

Mexico Daily Post