In Mazatlán 48 percent of businesses are closed due to the health emergency
Mazatlán, Sinaloa.- Non-essential businesses in Mazatlán will have to wait until June 1 to start reopening again, although this action should be gradual, said David González Torrentera, head of the Ministry of Economic Development, Tourism and Fishing of Mazatlán (Sedectur).
The municipal official explained that work is ongoing on the conceptualization of this process, and reiterated that, so far, there are no indications to resume commercial activities before the end of the National Sana Distance Day.
“Federal Government set the guidelines for the operation and how to go about reopening. They also noted that the National Sana Distancia Day ended on June 1 and there were already both local and state authorities in the possibility of defining how to start and start operating, so we are already working on that; the (municipal) president asked us to analyze in detail the money orders that can begin to operate and we expect from June 1 to start operations of some of the activities, all in a controlled manner, ”he explained.
González Torrentera specified that in the municipality there are around 23 thousand 200 business units, ranging from hot dog carts to the largest tuna company in the city, of which he said that 48 percent have remained closed as a result of the contingency.
The Mazatlan Post