COVID-19 traffic light in Mexico: 19 states will be green and four will be orange

154

COVID-19 traffic light in Mexico: 19 states will be green and four will be orange

The Ministry of Health (SSa) updated this Friday the Epidemiological Traffic Light of coronavirus ( COVID-19 ), which will be in force from June 7 to 20.

From the National Palace, Dr. Ricardo Cortés Alcalá , general director of Health Promotion, indicated that the map of Mexico will be colored as follows:

For the eighth time in a row, no state will be painted “red” (maximum risk of contagion). The last ones had been Guerrero and Guanajuato (from February 15 to 28).

On the contrary, in the color “ green ” (low risk of contagion) there will be 19 states , three more than two weeks ago: Zacatecas, Nayarit, Michoacán, Puebla, Mexico City and the State of Mexico are added ; Coahuila, Durango, San Luis Potosí, Aguascalientes, Jalisco, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Hidalgo, Tlaxcala, Guerrero, Oaxaca and Chiapas remain.

The use of face masks is practically total both in the Metro and in the CDMX Metrobus (Photo: Cuartoscuro)The use of face masks is practically total both in the Metro and in the CDMX Metrobus (Photo: Cuartoscuro)

However, the official stressed that green does not mean that the epidemic is over ; even when vaccination coverage against COVID-19 continues to advance.“The virus continues among us, the virus is here to stay. Fortunately, there is a decrease in the number of cases, as we see in the graphs. You always have to take care of ourselves “

In “ yellow ” or moderate risk there will be 9 entities, the same number from the last update: Sonora, Sinaloa and Veracruz are added ; Baja California, Chihuahua, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, Colima and Campeche remain. It is worth mentioning that in the latter state the gradual return to face-to-face classes had already begun, but it had to be suspended.

While in “orange” (high risk) there will be four; that is to say, three more: Baja California Sur and Yucatán are added ; Quintana Roo remains. It is important to note that these states are the most important beach destinations in the country.

a woman runs through the marina in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur (Photo: Reuters)

In this regard, he pointed out that in summer it is normal for viral activity to increase, either due to COVID-19 or other infectious diseases such as influenza.”We are in vigilance, in talks and in support of the governments of Yucatán, Tabasco, Quintana Roo and Baja California Sur, to be able to address the reasons why the levels of the indicators can be increased”

For his part, Dr. Hugo López-Gatel l, Undersecretary of Prevention and Health Promotion, mentioned that although it is encouraging to have more than half of the country with a low level of contagion and an ongoing vaccination, it can cause Confidence reactions in the population that the risk of contagion no longer exists.“We have to maintain a proper balance between hope and prudence to activate our public life. This includes the reopening of schools and work ”

López-Gatell reported that the country has 20 weeks registering a considerable decrease in infections and deaths from SARS-CoV-2 (Photo: Twitter / HLGatell)López-Gatell reported that the country has 20 weeks registering a considerable decrease in infections and deaths from SARS-CoV-2 (Photo: Twitter / HLGatell)

In this sense, he recalled the importance of the use of face masks in closed spaces, hand washing and healthy distance.

It is worth mentioning that the four elements evaluated to determine the color of the traffic light in each entity are: the percentage of occupation of beds in intensive care, percentage of positive cases of coronavirus; trend of occupied beds and trend of positive cases; that is, the expected behavior based on the current numbers, and which is calculated by the National Council of Science and Technology ( Conacyt ).

Advancement of the pandemic and vaccination

On the other hand, it was reported that this June 4 there are already 228,568 confirmed deaths  in Mexico from the new coonavirus . In other words, in the last 24 hours there were  206 deaths.

Health personnel vaccinate maquiladora workers against Covid-19 in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua state (Mexico).  EFE / Luis Torres / Archive
Health personnel vaccinate maquiladora workers against Covid-19 in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua state (Mexico). EFE / Luis Torres / Archive

Regarding general hospital beds , he explained that there are 13% of occupied spaces in the country and mechanical ventilation , dedicated to severe COVID-19 patients, have an occupation of 14 percent.

At the last cut, 901 thousand 231 doses of the antigen against the SARS-CoV-2 virus were injected. In sum,  33,779,982 vaccines have been applied to this day. Among them, 23,730 (27%) are vaccinated; of which 13,801,863 (58%) have the complete scheme and the remaining  9,928,473 correspond to half schemes (42%)

Source: infobae.com

Mexico Daily Post