Los Mochis is a city in the state of Sonora, Mexico, located on the coast of the Gulf of California. It is known for its agricultural production, especially sugar cane, as well as its cultural and sports events. In 2023, Los Mochis will host several concerts, a gastronomic festival and a baseball team in the Caribbean Series.
Los Mochis will welcome national and international artists in 2023, who will perform in different venues such as the Chevron Park and the Centro de Usos Múltiples (CUM). Some of the confirmed artists are:
– Carín León, a regional Mexican singer, will perform on May 25 at the Chevron Park¹.
– Marca Registrada, a norteño band, will play on April 21 at the Chevron Park¹.
– Los Tigres del Norte, an iconic norteño group, will give a concert on May 13 at the Chevron Park¹.
– Banda MS, a popular Banda group, will present their show on June 2 at the Chevron Park¹.
– OV7, a pop band from the 90s, who will sing on October 7 at the CUM¹.
– Kenia OS, a singer from Mazatlán, who will delight her fans on November 17 at the CUM¹.
– Sin Bandera, a romantic duo, will perform on July 7 at the CUM¹.
– Alejandro Sanz, a Spanish singer-songwriter, who will visit Culiacán on September 9 as part of his tour¹.
The tickets for these concerts are already on sale through the official websites or social media of each artist. The prices vary depending on the area and the date of purchase.
Another event that Los Mochis will host in 2023 is the 37th edition of El Sabor de Los Mochis, a gastronomic and business fair organized by Canirac (the National Chamber of Restaurants and Seasoned Food Industry). This event will take place on June 29 at the Figlos Hall from 6:00 p.m. and will feature the participation of 42 restaurants of different cuisines and 85 local businesses².
The cost of the ticket is 290 pesos and includes the right to taste all the dishes. The proceeds will benefit the DIF Ahome (the Municipal Family Development System) and the Santa Rosa Nursing Home. The DIF Ahome will use the funds to support its Pannasir program, which helps children from 10 to 17 years old with academic and personal development².
Finally, Los Mochis will also have a presence in the Caribbean Series 2023, which will be held in Caracas, Venezuela from January 28 to February 4. The Cañeros de Los Mochis, the local baseball team that plays in the Mexican Pacific League, will represent Mexico in this tournament along with five players from Naranjeros de Hermosillo, another Sonoran team³.
The Cañeros de Los Mochis qualified for the Caribbean Series after winning the Mexican Pacific League championship against Tomateros de Culiacán in January. The five Naranjeros players that will join them are pitcher Luis Alonso Mendoza, catcher César Salazar, infielders Luis Alfonso Cruz and José Cardona, and outfielder Norberto Obeso³.
Los Mochis Sonora is a city that has a lot to offer in terms of entertainment, culture and sports. In 2023, it will showcase its talent and diversity to locals and visitors alike.
Source: Turismo Sinaloa