In a solid commitment to SUVs, the Hyundai Creta Grand arrives in our country to expand the portfolio of the Korean firm with a new option of three rows of seats and capacity for seven passengers. Here we tell you what its characteristics, availability, and price are in Mexico.
The Hyundai Creta Grand, launched in India under the Alcazar name, shares a platform and many design elements with the Creta we already knew. The main difference is in the shape of the rear and in an extended wheelbase to reach a total of 4.5 meters in length, which is an additional 20 cm to accommodate the third row. Hyundai reports a trunk volume of 180 to 1,650 liters, depending on the position of the seats.
The big difference from Crete is under the hood. Although the chassis is very similar, the Hyundai Creta Grand engine was replaced by a more powerful one to facilitate the transport of seven people. It is powered by a 2.0-liter Atkinson cycle engine, capable of generating 157 hp and 141 lb-ft, sent to the front axle via a six-speed automatic transmission.
Its range of versions in Mexico is made up of two trim levels: GLS Premium and Limited. From the most accessible it is quite complete. Includes automatic climate control with cruise control for the third row, LED headlights, light sensor, electrochromic rearview mirror, smart key, reverse camera, wireless charger, 10.25 “display infotainment, wireless compatibility with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, and 18 “aluminum wheels.
Top-of-the-range trim adds leather upholstery, panoramic roof, power-adjustable driver’s seat, and 10.25 “digital instrument cluster. Both GLS Premium and Limited trim include six airbags, four-wheel ABS disc brakes. , electronic stability control and six three-point seat belts, plus a pelvic one in the second row.
The Hyundai Creta Grand arrives in Mexico to compete against Chevrolet Captiva, with a price range that starts at 455,000 pesos. It will be in pre-sale from today until November 4. The first 70 units that complete the purchase process – it can be set aside with 5,000 pesos – will have 5 years of maintenance included. Below is the detail of the equipment and price of each version.
Hyundai Creta Grand: Prices in Mexico
|CRETE GRAND GLS PREMIUM||455,000 pesos|
|CRETE GRAND LIMITED||498,000 pesos|
Crete Grand GLS Premium
- 157 hp, 141 lb-ft 2.0-liter engine
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Capacity for seven passengers
- 18 “aluminum wheels
- LED headlights and skulls
- Automatic headlight ignition
- Glasses, mirrors and electrical locks
- Electrochromic rear view mirror
- Fabric upholstery
- One zone automatic climate control
- Third row A / C speed regulation
- Ambient lighting in colors to choose from
- Reverse camera
- Rear parking sensor
- Smart key
- Cruise control
- Drive mode selector
- Tire pressure monitor
- 3.5 “screen trip computer
- USB charging ports in all three rows
- Infotainment with 10.25 “screen
- Wireless compatibility with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Wireless charger for phones
- Front, side and curtain airbags
- Electronic stability control
- Six three-point + one two-point seat belts
Crete Grand Limited
Add about GLS Premium:
- Leather upholstery
- Panoramic ceiling
- Power adjustable driver’s seat
- Table on the back of the front seats
- 10.25 “digital instrument cluster
Source: Motor Pasión