Map of covid in Mexico August 17

1514

In Mexico, 54% of people over 18 years of age already have their complete vaccination scheme against COVID-19

The Ministry of Health reported on Monday 7,172 new infections of COVID-19 to register an accumulated of 3,108,438 confirmed cases since the pandemic arrived in Mexico. Likewise, the number of deaths derived from the disease rose to 248,652, after 272 new deaths were reported compared to those reported yesterday.

The Daily Technical Report of the Ministry of Health detailed that in epidemiological week 31 there was a 1% decrease in the number of estimated cases of COVID-19 compared to the previous week. According to the Undersecretary of Health, Hugo López-Gatell 

, this is the second week in which the epidemic has decreased compared to the immediately previous week.

In the last 14 days, 133,866 people presented signs and symptoms, so they are considered active cases, which represent 4% of all those registered since the start of the health emergency and that if all health measures are not maintained, could potentially contribute to transmission of the virus.

In this sense, Mexico City, the State of Mexico, Nuevo León, Tabasco, Jalisco, Veracruz, San Luis Potosí, Puebla, Guanajuato, Tamaulipas, are the entities with the highest number of active cases (more than 3,000 cases), followed from Michoacán, Guerrero, Colima, Quintana Roo, Nayarit, Sonora, Hidalgo, Querétaro, Oaxaca, Coahuila, Durango, Yucatán, Sinaloa, Zacatecas, Campeche, Chiapas, Baja California Sur, Morelos and Tlaxcala, as the entities with more than 1,000 infections of this type.

(Illustration: Infobae México)(Illustration: Infobae México)

On the other hand, in the distribution by sex and age of deaths caused by COVID-19, a prevalence of 62% was observed in men. The average age of deaths from coronavirus is 64 years.

Regarding hospital capacity, in the last 24 hours, the availability of general beds remained at 46% and that of beds with mechanical respirators increased one point to stand at 54%.

With these records, Mexico is the fourth country in the world with the most deaths from COVID-19, behind the United States, Brazil and India, and is sixteenth in number of confirmed infections, according to the Johns Hopkins University count.

COVID-19 traffic light

This is reflected in the colors of the epidemiological traffic light that the SSa defined until August 22.

In the color “ red ” (maximum risk of contagion) there are already eight states: Sinaloa, Mexico City, Nuevo León, Jalisco, Guerrero, Colima, Nayarit and as of this Monday, San Luis Potosí is integrated. It is worth mentioning that according to the Government of Mexico City, the capital of the country remains in orange and not in red as established by the SSA. On the contrary, in the color “ green ” (low risk) only one entity is kept: Chiapas.

In ” orange ” (high risk), 15 entities: Sonora, Durango, Baja California Sur, Zacatecas, Tamaulipas, Michoacán, Querétaro, Hidalgo, Veracruz, State of Mexico, Puebla, Tlaxcala, Oaxaca and Quintana Roo.

While in ” yellow ” or moderate risk, there are nine states: Baja California, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Guanajuato, Aguascalientes, Morelos, Campeche, Tabasco and Yucatán.

Advancement of vaccination against COVID-19

This Sunday 348,015 vaccines against COVID-19 were applied, for a cumulative of 77,573,466 doses in the population over 18 years of age. This represents that in Mexico, 61% of the adult population has received at least one dose, that is, 54,532,420 people.

Of the total number of immunized people, 29,402,096, representing 54%, have a complete scheme and the remaining 46%, who are 25,130,324, received the first dose.

The Daily Technical Report on the situation of the pandemic states that, at 9:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 15, the entities with the highest percentages of vaccinated population are Mexico City, which reaches 91%; Quintana Roo, 86%; Sinaloa, 82%, and Baja California, 80%.

Source:

Mexico Daily Post