Map of covid in Mexico August 3: only two states remain in green

1017

The Ministry of Health reported 6,506 new cases in 24 hours, to reach a cumulative 2,861,498 infections in Mexico

This Monday, August 2, the Federal Ministry of Health reported 6,506 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, to reach a cumulative 2,861,498 infections in Mexico; Likewise, in the last 24 hours, 245 new deaths were registered compared to those registered yesterday, for which there are already 241,279 deaths due to SARS-CoV-2.

In addition to this, 466,107 suspected cases, 5,170,750 negatives, and 8,498,355 people studied since the virus reached national territory were reported.

In the daily technical report, the federal agency registered an increase of 17% in the number of estimated cases compared to the previous week. In addition, there are an estimated 120,248 active people, that is, people who have presented symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days and who, if they do not maintain all sanitary measures, could potentially contribute to the transmission of the virus.

In this sense, by federal entity, Mexico City, the State of Mexico, Nuevo León, Jalisco, Veracruz, Tabasco, Guerrero and Quintana Roo are the entities with the highest number of active cases (more than 3,000); followed by Sinaloa, San Luis Potosí, Nayarit, Sonora, Oaxaca, Guanajuato, Michoacán, Colima, Puebla, Hidalgo, Tamaulipas, Baja California Sur, Querétaro, Yucatán, Coahuila, Durango and Zacatecas, with more than 1,000.

(Illustration: Jovani Pérez)(Illustration: Jovani Pérez)

Regarding hospital occupancy, the document states that an increase of two percentage points was reported in the occupancy of general beds to reach 48% and an increase of one point in beds with a respirator to reach 39%.

With these records,  Mexico is the fourth country in the world with the most deaths from COVID-19, behind the United States, Brazil and India, and is sixteenth in the number of confirmed infections, according to the Johns Hopkins University count.

COVID traffic light

Two Fridays ago, the federal health agency updated the COVID-19 Epidemiological Traffic Light, which will be in effect until August 8.

Thus, only one state is in the color ” red ” (maximum risk of contagion): Sinaloa; in “ green ” color (low risk), only two states: Aguascalientes and Chiapas.

In ” orange ” (high risk), 13 entities: Baja California Sur, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, Nayarit, Jalisco, Colima, Veracruz, Hidalgo, Mexico City, State of Mexico, Guerrero, Oaxaca and Quintana Roo

Graphic: (Jovani Pérez)Graphic: (Jovani Pérez)

While in ” yellow ” or moderate risk, 16 entities: Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Durango, Zacatecas, San Luis Potosí, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Michoacán, Morelos, Tlaxcala, Puebla, Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatán and recently declared Coahuila.

Vaccination against COVID-19 in Mexico

The Ministry of Health reported that 53% of people over 18 years of age who live in the country have at least one dose against COVID-19; 47,690,704 people have been vaccinated. Of that total, 25,808,916, equivalent to 54%, have a complete scheme; while 21,881,788 , corresponding to 46%, have at least one dose.

Regarding the advance of vaccination by the federal entities, Mexico City is in the lead with 86%; Baja California, Baja California Sur, Chihuahua, and Sinaloa are above 70%. The rest of the entities report 30% to 69% progress.

With a cut-off of 9:00 p.m., this Sunday, August 1, 225,747 vaccines were applied, for a total of 67,594,385 biologicals supplied since the beginning of the National Vaccination Program.

From December 23 to date, Mexico has been able to access 86,539,145 packaged vaccines from Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca, Sinovac, Sputnik V, CanSino Biologics and Johnson & Johnson. This week, the country will be receiving 1,346,500 doses from three pharmaceutical companies.

Source: nfobae.com

Mexico Daily Post