The death toll reached 227,840; while infections reached 2,420,659 confirmed by COVID-19
During the first afternoon conference in June, the Ministry of Health presented the map and cases of coronavirus in Mexico, where the death toll reached 227,840; While the infections reached 2,420,659 confirmed: in the last 24 hours, 4,272 new deaths and 6,917 new infections were registered.
José Luis Alomía, director of Epidemiology, clarified that this increase in deaths, infections, and estimated cases, with respect to the daily average, is not because they all occurred from yesterday to today, but that some are cases that were pending technical ruling to find out if they were due to COVID-19.
Likewise, he explained that from week 19 to 20 of 2021 a decrease of 4% was reported in estimated cases and reported that the epidemic at the national level is made up of 18,108 active cases that began to present signs and symptoms of this disease in the last 14 days (May 19 to June 1, 2021), so if they do not comply with sanitary measures, they could potentially contribute to the transmission of the virus.
He reiterated that currently, these entities are not presenting a decrease in their infections: Quintana Roo, Yucatán, Tabasco, Baja California Sur, who have shown a growing behavior at least in recent weeks.
What was exposed in the conference is reflected in the technical document published on the website of the health agency, where Mexico City is the state with the highest number of active cases (more than 3,000 cases), followed by Tabasco, Quintana Roo, State of Mexico and Yucatán (more than 1,000).
In contrast, Nayarit, Aguascalientes, and Tlaxcala have the least amount of active infections: 88, 77, and 59 cases, respectively.
This is also reflected in the colors of the Epidemiological Traffic Light that came into effect last Monday and will be in force until next Sunday, June 6, where for the seventh consecutive time, there are no entities in “ red ” (maximum risk); while in ” orange ” (high risk) there is only Quintana Roo.
In “ green ” (low risk), there are already 17 entities: Aguascalientes, Guerrero, Querétaro, Hidalgo, Morelos, Sonora, Sinaloa, Durango, Coahuila, Jalisco, San Luis Potosí, Guanajuato, Michoacán, Tlaxcala, Veracruz, Oaxaca and Chiapas; and in ” yellow ” or moderate risk, 14 entities: Chihuahua, Nueva León, Nayarit, Tabasco, Campeche, Baja California, Baja California Sur, Tamaulipas, Zacatecas, Colima, State of Mexico, Mexico City, Puebla and Yucatán.
Regarding hospital availability at the national level, the SARI Network reported that there are 13% of general beds are being occupied and 13% in beds with mechanical ventilators for critically ill patients. This means that there is a total reduction in hospitalizations of 88% from the peak, which was in early 2021.
The federal agency did not present the hospital occupancy by state.
Advancement of vaccination against COVID-19
Regarding the day of the National Vaccination Strategy against SARS-CoV-2, Alomía announced that on Monday, May 31, 511,334 doses of the antigen against the SARS-CoV-2 virus were injected.
In sum, 20,990,980 vaccines have been applied up to this last informative cutoff. Of these, 22,043,213 (25%) are vaccinated people over 18 years of age; 12,604,789 (57%) have the complete scheme and the remaining 9,438,424 correspond to half schemes (43%).
This represents a coverage of only 25% of the total population over 18 years of age, according to the official.
It should be noted that a total of 40,177,665 doses of the various brands acquired by the government since December 2020 have arrived in Mexico.