This vaccine against Covid-19 uses the same technology as that of the successful biological Cansino against Ebola.
This Monday, Mexican authorities gave the starting signal to the first batches of the Chinese vaccine against Covid-19 from CanSino packaged in Mexico.
940 thousand doses left the Drugmex plant, in Querétaro, to be distributed in the 32 states of the Mexican Republic, as confirmed by the Ministry of Health during the afternoon conference.
- This vaccine was developed by CanSino Biologics and the Beijing Institute of Biotechnology.
- This vaccine against Covid-19 uses the same technology as that of the successful biological Cansino against Ebola.
- The vaccine has been successfully tested in clinical studies with 42,300 volunteers in Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Chile, Argentina, and Mexico.
- There have been no severe adverse reactions in any case.
- According to the tests, it prevents 65.7% of symptomatic cases, 95.47% of severe cases, and 100% of hospitalizations.
- It is practical compared to other vaccines because it requires a single dose and is stored at a temperature between 2 and 8 degrees Celsius, that is, it does not require deep freezing.
- It can be applied without problem in adults over 65 years of age.
- It was successfully tested in the Mexican population: 14,611 volunteers in Mexico participated in phase 3 clinical trial.
- The vaccine has been approved in China and licensed for emergency use in Pakistan.
- Cofepris authorized it for emergency use in Mexico on February 10 and this Monday also approved the emergency use for this biological package in Mexico.
Mexico Daily Post