Covid-19 Mexico Overview
If you plan to visit Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula and the Mexican Caribbean region, here is a snapshot of what you can expect. While only you can determine your risk tolerance and make travel decisions, this guide will provide information to help you make an informed decision. Note that regulations can change rapidly, so consult government websites for additional coronavirus updates.
Current Coronavirus Status In Quintana Roo
- As of December 10th, 2022, Quintana Roo is currently averaging approximately 311 new Covid cases a day in a state with a population of 1.85+ million.
- Each state in Mexico is assigned one of four colors (green, yellow, orange, red) based on current rates of infection and hospital occupancy.
- The status of Quintana Roo (Cancun, Tulum, Cozumel, etc.) is currently GREEN meaning lower risk.
- Case numbers in the islands of Cozumel, Isla Mujeres and Holbox are still low.
- As of December 10th, hospital occupancy is currently 1% full in Cancun, 0% full in Isla Mujeres, 0% in Cozumel, 0% in Playa del Carmen and 0% in Tulum. Hospitalizations continue to stay low and the majority of locals are now vaccinated.
Click here to read the complete original article on Island Ferry
Source> Island Ferry