The age group most affected in the last five weeks is still people between 18 and 29 years old
The Ministry of Health reported this Saturday afternoon 306 new deaths caused by COVID-19 to reach a total of 286,259 deaths in Mexico. In addition, the agency registered 4,452 new infections of the viral disease, for a cumulative 3,781,661 confirmed cases throughout the country.
Similarly, it has been estimated that 3,141, 429 people recovered, 6887614 negative cases and a total of 11,207,941 people studied since the first case.https://543a553afb2bd526738ef7211f0c2d0b.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html
According to the daily technical report, there are 33,642 active cases, equivalent to 0.8% of the total recorded since the start of the health emergency. Likewise, they reported that epidemiological week 40 closes with a 21% decrease in the number of cases compared to the previous week.
In this sense, the entities with the highest number of active cases of SARS-CoV-2 in descending order are: Baja California, Tabasco, Mexico City, Guanajuato, Yucatán, and Coahuila.
In addition, the age group most affected in the last five weeks continues to be that of people between 18 and 29 years old, followed by the group between 30 and 39 years old.
Regarding hospital capacity, the occupancy of general beds remained unchanged in the last 24 hours, so it stands at 22%, while the demand for beds with a mechanical ventilator decreased one point and stands at 20%.
It is worth mentioning that hospitalizations were reduced 83% in relation to the highest point of the second epidemic wave in January.
However, with these figures, Mexico continues as the fourth country in the world with the most deaths from the coronavirus, only below the United States, Brazil and India; and it is number 13 in number of infections, according to the latest update from Johns Hopkins University.
COVID traffic light
Through the official website, the Government of Mexico indicated that the country is currently colored as follows and will remain so until October 31:
In the color “ red ” (maximum risk of contagion) there is no status.
On the contrary, the color “ green ” (low risk) dominates the majority of the country with 20 entities: Mexico City, State of Mexico, Hidalgo, Tlaxcala, Puebla, San Luis Potosí, Veracruz, Tamaulipas, Nuevo León, Sonora, Michoacán, Nayarit, Baja California, Zacatecas, Durango, Sinaloa, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Chiapas and Quintana Roo.
In ” yellow ” or moderate risk, there are 11 states: Coahuila, Jalisco, Colima, Aguascalientes, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Morelos, Tabasco, Campeche and Yucatán; only Chihuahua joined.
While in ” orange ” (high risk) only Baja California is found.
Advancement of the National Vaccination Plan against COVID-19
To this date, 69 million 879 thousand 788 people have received at least one dose against COVID-19 in Mexico, of which 76%, which represents 52 million 949 thousand 966, have a complete vaccination scheme, and the remaining 24%, equivalent to 16 million 929 thousand 822 people, received their first biological.
With a cut-off at 9:00 p.m., on October 22, 600 thousand 749 doses were applied in the national territory, for a cumulative of 114 million 558 thousand 359 vaccines supplied.
In the week that ends, Mexico received 9 million 303 thousand doses from four pharmaceutical companies: Pfizer-BioNtech, AstraZeneca, Cansino and the National Center for Research on Epidemiology and Microbiology Gamaleya, to add 136 million 407 thousand 845 vaccines that have been available since December 23, from seven different laboratories.