The weather in Mexico for this Sunday is forecast with rains in much of the national territory, after the passage of tropical storm Dolores that decreased its category to a tropical depression in the northwest of the country.
The National Meteorological System (SMN), foresees:
- Very heavy rains with intense punctual rains, with the possibility of thunderstorms in Durango, Sinaloa, Jalisco, Colima and Michoacán
- Heavy rains with very strong punctual rains and possible thunderstorms in Chihuahua, Zacatecas and Chiapas
- Showers with strong punctual rains in Sonora, Aguascalientes, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Hidalgo, Puebla, State of Mexico, Mexico City, Morelos, Guerrero and Oaxaca
- Intervals of showers in Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí, Tlaxcala, Veracruz and Tabasco
- Isolated rains in Campeche, Yucatán and Quintana Roo
The maximum temperatures in the country are expected for Baja California, ranging between 45 and 50 ° C, while it is expected for the warmer areas of Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas, a maximum temperature of 40 to 45 ° C .
Remember to take your forecasts before the rainy season
, the possible fall of hail, frost and low temperatures in mountainous areas of Chihuahua, Durango and the State of Mexico, which are expected to lower the thermometer to 0 and 5 ° C
Recommendations for the rainy season in Mexico:
• Bring raincoats or umbrellas
• Stay in a safe place
• Avoid throwing garbage on the streets or obstruct drains
• Ride at a moderate speed in motor vehicles
• Avoid touching areas with electrical wiring
• Stay informed
Take into account that the tropical depression Dolores is located over the south of Durango .
In the same way, prevent the tropical depression Claudette, which is located over Alabama, USA, could affect the Mexican territory .
What is expected for the climate in CDMX?
Meanwhile, for the climate in CDMX today, June 20 , a cloudy dawn is expected , with areas of fog banks and a late night with heavy occasional rains , which may be accompanied by hail and electrical storms ; In addition, there could be an estimated maximum temperature between 21 and 23 degrees Celsius.
Tropical cyclones 2021
It is very important that the population be attentive to weather updates and heed the indications of the local authorities. Given the impact of the tropical cyclone in Mexico, droughts will decrease , but at the same time there will be some negative effects such as: floods, landslides or landslides, floods and / or overflowing of rivers or streams, landslides, urban flooding and dangerous water currents . They should also identify temporary shelters or shelters and evacuation routes; as well as having the most important documents on hand.
Mexico Daily Post