Unofficially, it was said that the fire was caused by welding sparks that were carried out inside the property
Mazatlán, Sinaloa.- After more than a year of being closed to the public, the old Gaviotas Cinema began to catch fire in full view of all.
The 10:30 hours marked the clock when suddenly a large column of black smoke was observed coming out of the cinema facilities.
Camarón Sábalo Avenue, in the north-south lane, in the heart of the Golden Zone, had to be closed to traffic due to the thick smoke.
The Gaviotas Cinema has been closed to the public since January 8, 2020.
At the scene of the events, it was announced that apparently the fire started when some people inside were carrying out remodeling work and a spark fell on flammable material and the fire started which quickly spread through different parts of the building.
People passing by called the emergency services as did the people working in front of the building.
Although the fire tried to be controlled by the workers, they could not put it out and therefore called the fire brigade.
In the place, no poisoned or burned people were reported.