This is the house in Mexico City where the Tirado brothers’ remains were found


The home on Medellín Street in Mexico City is now a crime scene and the latest manifestation of the rampant violence that plagues the country. Three people were killed behind the black doors that are now guarded by two police officers. A handful of journalists hang around outside, hoping for new information that will explain why this happened. The only thing the public knows for sure is that Luis Gonzáles and his two nephews, Andrés and Jorge Tirado were found dead in their home on December 18.

They were still gagged, and their bodies showed signs of a beating. Two women and a man were quickly arrested as suspects in the murders. Those are the unfortunate facts – three more murders in a country that tallies dozens of homicides every day. The only thing unusual about these particular murders is the motive and alleged perpetrators of the crime – the victims and suspects lived together in the same house. According to sources in the public prosecutor’s office, the victims were beaten, gagged, and strangled for refusing to hand over the deed to the house.

When the police arrived, they found three corpses and one person who was still alive – Gonzalez’s wife, Margarita María Ochoa. The house once belonged to Ochoa’s brother, who died last May. A nurse and her daughter and son-in-law lived on the first floor. The nurse, who had been the homeowner’s caregiver, wanted to take possession of the property after his death, claiming that she was his common-law spouse. 

But she could not provide any legal evidence of this relationship, according to sources in the public prosecutor’s office. A few months later, Luis González and Margarita Ochoa moved into the second floor of the house on Medellín Street. They were from Jalisco (central Mexico) and Ochoa was planning to sell the house. Then González’s nephews, the Tirado brothers, moved in. The seven people lived in the same house for months, while Margarita Ochoa tried to sell the house. Meanwhile, the first-floor tenants were trying to block the sale.

When the Tirado brothers stopped responding to messages, their friends began suspecting something was wrong and posted alerts on social media. Ochoa and González weren’t responding to their children’s attempts to contact them either, so one of their sons in Jalisco decided to go to Mexico City. According to our sources, the first-floor tenants refused to let him enter the building, so he went to the authorities and filed for eviction of the nurse and the two others.

The eviction complaint set things in motion, but when the Mexico City police went to the home on Medellín Street, they were also prevented from entering. The police quickly obtained a court order to access the property and confronted the nurse and her relatives. But the police became suspicious of their contradictory stories and arrested the three suspects.

Click here to read the complete original article on El Paìs

Source: El Paìs

The Mexico City Post