In the last 24 hours, 7,504 new infections of COVID-19 and 272 deaths were reported due to the viral disease
On Sunday afternoon, the Ministry of Health reported that Mexico already accumulates 3,428,384 cases of COVID-19 and 263,140 deaths, that is, 7,504 new infections and 272 more deaths, compared to the data of the previous day.
According to the daily technical report, there was a 26% decrease in the number of estimated cases compared to the previous week.
In addition, in the last 14 days (August 23 to September 5, 2021), 104,089 people presented signs and symptoms of COVID, so not maintaining all sanitary measures could potentially contribute to the transmission of the virus.
The health secretariat indicated that the entities that register the highest rate of active cases per 100,000 inhabitants are: Tabasco, Colima, Mexico City, Nuevo León, Querétaro, Campeche, San Luis Potosí, Nayarit, Yucatán and Quintana Roo.
While those that register the highest number of accumulated confirmed cases are: Mexico City, State of Mexico, Nuevo León, Guanajuato, Jalisco, Tabasco, Puebla, Veracruz, Sonora and San Luis Potosí, which together make up more than two thirds , that is, 66% of all accumulated cases registered in the country.
Likewise, the SSa pointed out that, in the last five weeks, the age group that concentrates the most active cases of COVID-19 is 18 to 29 years of age, followed by the groups of 30 to 39 years and of 40 to 49 years.
Regarding hospital capacity, in the last 24 hours, the availability of general beds registered 54% and 57% in beds with a ventilator in intensive care units.
With these records, Mexico remains the fourth country in the world with the most deaths from COVID-19, behind the United States, Brazil and India, and is sixteenth in number of confirmed infections, according to the Johns Hopkins University count.
COVID traffic light
The federal agency updated this Friday the Epidemiological Semaphore of coronavirus, which will be in effect from Monday, September 6 to Sunday, September 19.
In ” red ” (maximum risk of contagion) there will be no status, which has not happened since the update on July 2. The last ones were Colima, Guerrero, Puebla, Hidalgo, Tabasco, Tamaulipas and Nuevo León, two weeks ago.
In ” yellow ” or moderate risk, there will be 13 states , six more than the last report: as had already been announced since this morning, Mexico City is added to Baja California, Baja California Sur, Sinaloa, Durango, Coahuila, Zacatecas, Nayarit, Jalisco, Guanajuato, Michoacán, Oaxaca and Quintana Roo.
While in ” orange ” (high risk) will be for the second consecutive time 17 entities: Sonora, Tamaulipas, Nuevo León, San Luis Potosí, Aguascalientes, Veracruz, State of Mexico, Querétaro, Puebla, Hidalgo, Morelos, Tlaxcala, Guerrero, Colima , Tabasco, Campeche and Yucatán.
On the contrary, with the color “ green ” (low risk), Chihuahua returns and Chiapas remains, as has been all of 2021.
Advancement of the National Vaccination Plan against COVID
This Saturday, 220,689 doses of vaccines against COVID-19 were applied, for a cumulative of 87,014,220 doses in people over 18 years of age, eight months after the start of the National Vaccination Strategy.
This means that in Mexico, 66% of the adult population has received at least one dose, that is, 58,906,303 people, of which 35,623,880, representing 60% have a complete scheme, and the remaining 40%, 23,282,423, it has half scheme.
With cut-off at 9:00 p.m. this Saturday, the entities with the highest percentages of the vaccinated population are Mexico City, Querétaro, Quintana Roo, Sinaloa, Baja California and Baja California Sur.