- The consumer defense body began its “Operation Holy Week 2021”.
- This operation, which began this Thursday, March 25, and will run until Sunday, April 11, includes conciliations on site.
- Profeco will also monitor tourism service offers via electronic commerce.
The Federal Consumer Prosecutor’s Office (Profeco) began its “Operation Easter Week 2021” on Thursday, March 25th. With it, PROFECO will give attention to the doubts of consumers about tourist services and has modules in the main airports of the country.
In them, it provides care, advice, receives complaints and reports. This operation – which will run until Sunday, April 11 – includes conciliations on site, attention to complaints and advice. In addition, the verification of measuring instruments such as scales and timepieces.
In fact, the Mexico City International Airport has two fixed service modules at these times:
- Monday to Saturday, from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- From 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., on Sundays and holidays
Profeco takes advice to airports at Easter
Also, the federal agency has modules in the main air terminals in Mexico and with the highest traffic, such as:
- Vallarta Port
Also, the agency reported that it is already permanently projecting videos on passenger rights on airport screens.
He even pointed out that the verification actions for airlines, hotels, travel agencies, and all seasonal tourist services will also apply to offers via electronic commerce (e-commerce).
Source: BI Mexico