Taxco, Guerrero is a charming mountain town located 3 hours from Mexico City. Its architecture, food, culture, and people make it a must-visit city!
After visiting Tepoztlán, Morelos we made the 2-hour drive to Taxco, Guerrero. This is a Pueblo Mágico (Magic Town) we’ve wanted to visit for a LONG time and it didn’t disappoint. In today’s Mexico vlog, we’re sharing some of our favorite experiences of the trip:
Mexico vlog, we’re sharing some of our favorite experiences of the trip:
– Checking out the Saturday silver market (Taxco is a former mining town known for its silver)
– Sampling some of the local cuisine, like mezcal from Guerrero and Pozole Verde at Pozoleria Tia Felix
– Getting lost in the streets of Taxco which are like a drunken spider web
– Enjoying the spectacular views of the city from various lookout points—the whitewashed buildings, red tile roofs, and mountains were so beautiful!
– Taking a few cab rides in the typical VW taxis – Looking at the colorful and hand-crafted artesanías (handicrafts) like painted hats, VW bug piggie banks, and mugs – Enjoying some drinks on 2nd story balconies with views of Santa Prisca church
Suffice it to say, this week was INCREDIBLE and we can’t wait to travel back to Taxco, Guerrero again. One week just wasn’t enough.
Want to see more Magic Towns like Taxco? Here’s a playlist of videos we’ve made at other Pueblos Mágicos across Mexico https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGX-j…
We are Jordan, Maddie, & Laska the husky. In January of 2018, we packed up our tangerine-colored car and left the US to start traveling Mexico. Since then, we’ve been making travel videos about our life in Mexico and the new experiences we encounter while traveling the world. Become one of the “Tangerine Elite” by binge-watching our videos from the beginning: https://goo.gl/kMGKSA