Explore San Miguel de Allende’s oldest and still active cemetery to enjoy:
- Why San Miguel de Allende is the epicenter for both the cult of the cross and witchcraft
- How we bring back the deceased for yet one more fiesta
- What happens if your future tomb taxes are unpaid
- The art and folklore of the cemetery
- How the Mexican view of death affects your daily life
- What makes our cemetery unique
The tour is led by Joseph Toone, author of the best-selling Day of the Dead book in the series San Miguel de Allende’s Secrets and our top ranked tour guide by TripAdvisor. Toone starred in the documentary explaining Day of the Dead aired throughout China. The irony of someone from the United State explaining Day of the Dead, in English, and in Mexico, to a Chinese audience was not lost on him.
The walking is flat with plenty of places to sit, perhaps on a crypt. The tour normally lasts about 1.5 hours costing 500 pesos or 25 USD (whichever is easier for you) and starts from the front of the Hotel Real de Minas. Tours are being held before October 30th to avoid any crowd, dead or alive!
All tours require masks and reservations by emailing Toone.Joseph@yahoo.com.
by Joseph Toone
- TripAdvisor’s top tour guide in San Miguel de Allende with History and Culture Walking Tours and Joseph Toone Tours.
- Amazon’s best selling author of the San Miguel de Allende’s Secrets book series on making your adventures around town unique.
- Creator of the Maria Dolls coloring book helping indigenous doll makers.
Source: Joseph Toone Tours